Storage containers or shipping containers, which are made out of corrugated steel, are used to transport merchandise to other nations. Because of their durability and ability to withstand fire and strong winds and carry heavy-weight items, storage containers are also used to build different types of establishments that are used for various purposes. Additionally, storage containers are less expensive compared to other materials that are used in construction.
Here are some creative ways to use storage containers:
- Homes: You can use intermodal containers to build homes that will have normal windows and doors just like conventional homes. You can add insulation and customize the interiors based on your preference. You can even connect two containers and increase your indoor space by adding stairs.
- Offices: If you need to recruit new staff and expand your office space immediately, you may find mobile offices as your best option to address your immediate space requirements. You may place it anywhere within your campus and use it for holding job interviews or team meetings.
- Mobile Food Stalls: You can construct mobile food shops using intermodal containers. You can use refrigerated storage containers to store meat and other perishable items and the regular containers to assist your customers with delivery and billing.
- Restaurants: You may be surprised to note that a big storage container has enough space to accommodate an entire kitchen inside it. You can use your storage container as an open-air restaurant or a coffee shop and customize it as per your requirements.
- Clothing Outlet: If your budget does not permit you to hire mall space to set up your clothing shop, you may use a mobile office trailer to sell your clothing. You can customize the indoors of your mobile office trailer with appropriate shelves and lighting and you should include fitting rooms as well to enhance your customers’ experience.
- Toilet: If you are planning to set up a stall for an open-air event, you may consider using a mobile storage container as a mobile toilet that will come equipped with all modern bathroom fitting.
- Recording Studio: A 45-feet storage container can accommodate a sound booth as well as a control room, allowing you to establish your recording studio at a lesser budget. You may also earn money by allowing other musicians to use your studio for a fee.
- Game Booths: You can use storage containers as game booths in carnivals. Large containers are ideal for organizing games such as ring toss and darts.
- Stage: If you have to organize concerts and do not have much time to create a concert stage or if you do not have the budget to rent halls or arenas, you may consider using an opened intermodal container as a stage. Such stages can accommodate a number of performers and they can support the installation of lights and speakers as well.
There are several other awesome ways to creatively use your storage containers. You can build swimming pools, pop-up container gardens, and backyard patio with storage containers and if you have any other idea, do share with us. We would like to hear from you.